Thursday, June 7, 2007





Some of you have been asking for pictures, so i've included a few. The one with me in the pink dress is from when I visited Taipei 1o1 and was taken at the 85th floor exhibition hall. The other one was taken this week at the Alumni club karaoke event.

Alumni Karaoke:

Last night (Thursday night) we went out with the alumni club to a karaoke bar called KTV. Unlike my other experiences with karaoke, this one was extremely fun, as we had our own private room. I sang my favorite song, dancing queen :), and the alumni sang a lot of songs in Chinese. We also ate traditional Cantonese food (from Southern China and Hong Kong) such as steamed pork buns and shrimp dumplings. In the picture above, you can see me belting out tunes.

Shilin Night Market:

On Wednesday, we went to the Shilin Night Market again. However, this was a much better experience as this time, we had Jeanie, our host in Taipei with us. The food actually was quite tasty. We had vegetable dumplings, Japanese cold noodle salad, miso soup, and best of all, Taiwanese Shaved Ice. The shaved ice in Taiwan is made out of condensed milk, rather than water. Therefore, it has a creamy consistency. The ice is topped with everything from chocolate sauce to red beans. I had a pudding ice with mango topping. We also bought some fresh fruit (lychee for me) at the market.

However, we left earlier than planned because it began pouring rain. It has rained every day since Sunday, as it is Monsoon season in Asia.

Travel Plans

this weekend-stay in Taipei and possibly go to the zoo

next weekend-HONG KONG!! We are going to Hong Kong, as we have a four day weekend.

weekend after-Sun Moon Lake and Taichung?

August 20th-Coming back to Asia to BANGKOK! :)

THANKS FOR EVERYONES COMMENTS~~I love readingt them!








1 comment:

Andrea D said...

Awesome! I can't believe you went to a karyoke bar and actually sang! I hear that's really popular over there. I'd pay big money to own a video of you performing karyoke!!!! It sounds like you're having a great time. I'm so excited to see pictures, too! And it's good to hear that the food's getting better. =) It's always good to hear from you. I look forward to hearing more about your trip!!