Sunday, June 3, 2007

Hot Springs Fun

Taiwan is known for its geothermal hot springs, which are naturally occuring water that is heated by the earth and has restorative qualities. The closest hot springs to Taipei are the Beitou Hot Springs.

Going to the springs: The springs were easily accessible by the Taipei MRT and the round trip ticket cost under $1. Once in Beitou, I chose to use the public hot spring for around 20 cents. One can also rent a private room, however, that is around $20. I was very popular at the hot spring and made the mistake of wearing a bikini. I was, however, able to distribute some of my business cards to admiring onlookers :).

After bathing in the springs, I ate at Starbucks and came back to the hotel.

Afternoon Tea: After I got back, Kelly and I went with some of the local USC people to afternoon tea. It was an nice meeting other English speakers and the food was pretty good. We then went to a local shopping mall. It was extremely rainy and gloomy today, on a side note.

I start work tomorrow-so look for an update! Thanks for reading.

4 comments:

Momto3js said...

Sounds like you're well acclimated and taking it all in which is no surprise. Thanks for sharing all your adventures. It's the next best thing to being there myself.

Love, Mom

Andrea D said...

my goodness! it sounds like you've gotten off to a good start! the food sounds a bit strange, i agree, but it's interesting to see how other cultures eat the whole animal body. that seems so foreign to see a live chicken being sold at market! i hope that massage took away some stress of flying. it sounds like you ARE quite a celebrity there. any reason why? i hope the hot springs were fun. and i hope the boys are cute! make sure to keep up and post us some pictures! good luck with your first day of work tomorrow, which may technically be "today" over there. :)
~andrea

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

Yes exactly, in some moments I can bruit about that I jibe consent to with you, but you may be in the light of other options.
to the article there is stationary a suspect as you did in the decrease publication of this demand www.google.com/ie?as_q=startup faster pro 2.5.5 ?
I noticed the catch-phrase you have in the offing not used. Or you use the black methods of development of the resource. I take a week and do necheg